- Debt Recovery,
TurksLegal is an award-winning, specialist law firm with 33 partners and over 160 staff across our Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane offices. We operate across all jurisdictions in Australia.
Over the past 35 years we have established a strong reputation in the insurance, commercial and banking sectors, working with many of Australia's leading insurance and financial institutions, workers compensation scheme agents, employers and government departments.
We measure our success through the high level of satisfaction and engagement we achieve with our clients and our team.
About the role
We currently have a position available for an experienced Debt Recovery Clerk to join our Commercial Disputes and Transactions team. This is a 6 month contract role with the opportunity to extend!
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Drafting and producing high-volume debt collection court documents and correspondence;
- Assisting the debt recovery lawyers in day-to-day management of the debt recovery practice;
- Handling inbound and outbound calls;
- Negotiating successful payment arrangements;
- Liaising with clients and third parties;
- General admin duties.
To be considered for this role you will have the following experience:
- Experience in effective communication with debtors and creditors;
- Experience in debt recovery;
- Friendly and helpful disposition and positive attitude;
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team;
- Advanced MS Office skills.
Why work for us
You will enjoy working in a collaborative, open and welcoming team environment where hard work is rewarded. TurksLegal offers a number of training and development opportunities for its staff, numerous staff discounts and benefits.
We foster an inclusive work environment and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this position is not suitable to law graduates and/or admitted lawyers.