- Life Insurance, Superannuation and Advice,
TurksLegal is an award-winning, specialist law firm with 32 partners and over 160 staff across our Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane offices. We operate in all jurisdictions in Australia.
Over the past 35 years we have established a strong reputation in the insurance, commercial and banking sectors. We act for many of Australia's leading insurance and financial institutions, large corporates, leading accounting firms and government departments. We also act for SMEs and individuals in all aspects of commercial and property law. We measure our success through the high level of satisfaction and engagement we achieve with our clients and our teams.
About the role
Due to growth in our practice, we are currently seeking junior lawyer to join our Sydney Insurance & Financial Services team on a 12 month contract!
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A current practicing certificate, or have completed a practical legal training course
- Excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- A genuine interest in financial services with a focus on life insurance and superannuation
- Candidates are required to hold a current practising certificate or have completed a Practical Training Course.
- Experience in defendant insurance work will be highly regarded.
You will be an enthusiastic and personable lawyer. You will have accurate and high calibre drafting skills, and you will be able to work both autonomously and in a team environment .You will have very strong attention to detail and a real desire for personal development.
Demonstrated experience will be an advantage but the key will be a self-motivated preparedness to learn and become fully involved in our day to day practice.
Why work for us
You will enjoy working in a collaborative, open and welcoming team environment where hard work is rewarded. TurksLegal offers a number of training and development opportunities for its staff, numerous staff discounts and benefits.
We foster an inclusive work environment and we are an equal opportunity employer.
This is an excellent opportunity for an entry level lawyer looking to further develop his or her skills and work in a leading team. You will have great access to clients and will be encouraged to develop your business and client relationships skills in parallel to continuing your technical legal training.