TurksLegal is an award-winning, specialist law firm with 33 partners and over 160 staff across our Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane offices. We operate across all jurisdictions in Australia.
Over the past 35 years we have established a strong reputation in the insurance, commercial and banking sectors, working with many of Australia's leading insurance and financial institutions, workers compensation scheme agents, employers and government departments.
We measure our success through the high level of satisfaction and engagement we achieve with our clients and our team.
About the role
We are seeking a casual law clerk to join our Commercial Disputes & Transactions Team.
This position would suit a university student who is available to work 3-4 days per week.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Drafting and producing a high-volume of court documents and correspondence;
- Assisting the lawyers in day-to-day management of a busy commercial practice;
- Handling inbound and outbound calls;
- Liaising with clients and third parties;
- General administration duties.
- Keeping track of debtors, providing the relevant reminders as appropriate including written and verbal communication with clients;
- Following debt collection procedures, issuing reminders and making phone calls as necessary;
- Other duties as delegated
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Excellent communications skills
- Friendly and helpful disposition and a positive attitude with a focus on outstanding customer service;
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team;
- Advanced MS Office skills.
Why work for us
You will enjoy working in a collaborative, open and welcoming team environment where hard work is rewarded. TurksLegal offers a number of training and development opportunities for its staff, numerous staff discounts and benefits.
We foster an inclusive work environment and we are an equal opportunity employer.