- General Insurance,
TurksLegal is an award-winning, specialist law firm with 33 partners and over 160 staff across our Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane office. We operate across all jurisdictions in Australia.
Over the past 35 years we have established a strong reputation in the insurance, commercial and banking sectors, working with many of Australia's leading insurance and financial institutions, workers compensation scheme agents, employers and government departments.
We measure our success through the high level of satisfaction and engagement we achieve with our clients and our team.
About the role
Due to growth in our General Insurance practice, we are currently seeking a capable 5+ year PAE lawyer to join our leading Sydney Insurance team.
Working closely with our partners, you will:
- Work on a range of complex insurance litigation matters
- Develop skills in insurance law and litigation
- Have regular involvement with clients
- Appear in various courts and tribunals including Magistrates, County and Supreme courts.
To be considered for this role you will have the following experience:
- 5+ years PAE
- Defendant insurance litigation experience
- Experience in insurance claims litigation, preferably within the travel insurance sector
- Knowledge of the insurance contracts act and indemnity issues
- Excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills
- Exceptional client liaison skills
You will be an enthusiastic and personable lawyer. You must have accurate and high calibre drafting skills, and you will be able to work both autonomously and in a team environment .You will have strong attention to detail and a real desire for personal development.
Demonstrated client and business development skills will be an advantage but the key will be a self-motivated preparedness to learn and become fully involved in our day to day practice.
Why work for us
You will enjoy working in a collaborative, open and welcoming team environment where hard work is rewarded. Turkslegal offers a number of training and development opportunities for its staff, numerous staff discounts and benefits.
We foster an inclusive work environment and we are an equal opportunity employer.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience lawyer looking to further develop their skills and work for a leading team. You will have great access to clients and will be encouraged to develop your business and client relationships skills in parallel to continuing your technical legal training.