TurksLegal acknowledges the NSW, VIC & QLD Government Sustainability Policy, which sets strategies and targets for:
- Conserving water use
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Advocating sustainable purchasing.
To demonstrate our commitment to strong environmental principles, we’ve had a documented environmental policy in place for a number of years that covers a broad range of initiatives and issues, including:
- Enforcing electronic data storage to minimise paper use as part of our paperless office initiative, as well as making double sided photocopying default
- Encouraging clients to instruct and correspond electronically, where appropriate
- Recycling waste paper, stationery, and toner cartridges
- Minimising energy consumption via timed lighting controls and on-demand air-conditioning
- Encouraging staff to utilise public transport or walking, wherever practical.
Our ‘green’ home
As part of our commitment to a 'green' workplace, we are located in a building with a strong environmental policy and sustainability credentials - the Citigroup Centre office tower. The building's owner and manager has the following initiatives in place to reduce the environmental impact of all lessees:
- Benchmarking building energy/greenhouse as well as water consumption and efficiency using the National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS)
- Purchasing 25% of base building energy from government accredited GreenPower renewable energy sources
- Installation and monitoring of electricity and water sub metres
- Ongoing tuning of operating hours and system control parameters to avoid unnecessary energy consumption
- Cutting water waste from bathrooms and reducing sewer discharge
- Constant testing of cooling towers to ensure optimal hygiene and water efficiency
- Providing waste segregation and recycling facilities
- Frequent measurement and testing of the indoor environment to ensure safe and productive working conditions.