To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the ALUCA TurksLegal Scholarship, ALUCA members have the chance to win a major cash prize of $10,000 or an overseas conference package.
Applications are now open for the 2016 ALUCA TurksLegal Scholarship!
Entrants are asked to submit a paper up to 2,500 words answering one of 10 diverse questions drawn from a broad range of topic areas pertaining to the life insurance sector. Entrants are able to select a question that most suits their experience and interest.
In addition to the major prize, the winner is invited to sit on the judging panel alongside senior industry leaders for next year’s scholarship and receives automatic membership to TurksLegal’s scholarship alumni program, Life Insurance Future Thinking (LIFT).
TurksLegal interviewed 2015 Scholarship winner, Nick Mingo, Claims Rehabilitation Specialist at SwissRe. Nick talks about what it’s like to prepare a paper, tips to help anyone considering entering and the opportunities that have come up since winning the scholarship. To watch the video click here.
The successful applicant will be selected on a range of criteria including understanding and insight of the topic, sound evidence, research and presentation skills.
The judging panel is comprised of senior industry leaders including:
- Brett Clark, Group Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, TAL
- Alph Edwards, Partner, TurksLegal
- Alexis George, Managing Director, Wealth Australia, ANZ
- Phil Hay, Head of Life Insurance, BT Financial Group
- 2015’s ALUCA TurksLegal Scholarship winner, Nick Mingo
- Damien Mu, CEO, AIA
- John Myatt, Partner and Practice Head of Insurance & Financial Services, TurksLegal
- Darryl Pereira, Partner, TurksLegal
- Devi Uka, Deputy Chairperson, ALUCA
- Malcolm Weir, Finance and insurance executive
- Linda Winterbottom, Claims Rehabilitation Consultant, RGA Reinsurance
The winner of the Scholarship can choose between either of the following prizes:
- $10,000 cash, or
- An overseas conference package valued up to AU$10,000 to one of the following three conferences of their choice; 2017 Eastern Claims Conference in Boston, 2017 LOMA Life Insurance Conference in Florida or 2017 DI & LTC Insurers Forum in Maryland.
The 1st runner-up receives a $1,000 Visa pre-paid gift card and the 2nd runner-up receives a $250 restaurant voucher.
For the full entry requirements, essay questions and to apply, please download the application form here.
Applications for the 2016 ALUCA TurksLegal Scholarship close at 5:00pm on Sunday, 18 September 2016.
The winners will be announced at the 2016 ALUCA National Conference in Adelaide on 20-22 October 2016.
The Scholarship is open to all members of ALUCA regardless of country of residence. Each entrant must be a current financial member of ALUCA and work in the life insurance industry. Lawyers, accountants or medico-legal consultants who meet the above criteria are eligible to enter provided they are direct employees of life insurance companies, life reinsurance companies, superannuation trustees or superannuation administrators.
The scholarship was developed through a partnership between the Australasian Life Claims and Underwriting Association and law firm TurksLegal and provides entrants with a unique opportunity for professional development and recognition.
For more details please visit:
www.aluca.com or www.turkslegal.com.au/community/scholarships/aluca-turkslegal-scholarship