Georgina joined TurksLegal in 2015 and is a Special Counsel in our Commercial Disputes and Transactions group.
Georgina has over 10 years’ experience specialising in the areas of commercial litigation, commercial transactions and debt recovery and more than seven years’ experience in the area of insolvency law advising and acting for and against insolvency practitioners and other stakeholders in corporate external administrations and bankruptcies. Her particular areas of expertise include liquidator’s voidable transactions claim and defence(s) to those claims, retention of title (PPSA) claims for trade creditors and complex commercial disputes.
She has been involved in a number of key cases, including:
- Instructed by the trustee in bankruptcy in the public examination of Stuart Ariff.
- Instructed by the receivers on appeal in De Vries & Anor v Rapid Metal Development (Australia) Pty Ltd  NSWCA 100 on the scope of controllers’ liabilities under section 419A(2) of the Corporations Act 2001.
- Acted for the successful retention of title creditor in obtaining a declaration under the PPSA for recognition of PPSA security interest in In the matter of Gelpack Enterprises Pty Ltd (in liq)  NSWSC 1558.
- Acted for the liquidators of Retail Adventures Pty Ltd (in liq) in the successful recovery of unfair preference payments.
- Acted for creditors in the external administrations of Kambo’s Electrical, RCR Group, Ed Harry and Fernbrew and achieved successful recoveries.
Prior to joining TurksLegal, Georgina spent approximately two years working in Shanghai as a corporate and commercial lawyer having acted for ANZ and Qantas.
Georgina has presented on topics including unfair preference recovery, the Personal Property Securities Act and foreign investment in China.