Our marine specialists have over 20 years’ experience handling marine, hull, cargo and liability claims and are on call and available 24 hours a day to:
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and third party claimants
- Respond to marine incidents and casualties
- Protect investigations for the purposes of later claims for privilege
- Identify jurisdictional and limitation issues
- Ensure recovery opportunities are identified and protected
- Protect your interests by appointing surveyors or attending onsite to prepare investigation reports, obtaining evidence, and dealing with issues of security; including make good disputes and contractor service agreements.
Given the application of international conventions in relation to each line of cover as well as relevant jurisdictional issues the main requirement in all marine claims is to protect our client’s position.
Our relationships with the Federal Court Admiralty Marshal, harbour masters, surveyors and the Australian Maritime Safety Authority allow us to respond immediately to marine incidents and work collaboratively with those key participants to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
TurksLegal has over 10 years’ experience negotiating the use and operation of Australian port facilities on behalf of one of Australia’s major multi-user facility providers for the stevedoring industry and terminal operators. Our expertise covers property leasing, licence agreements, and negotiations with Port Authorities.