For close to 40 years TurksLegal has specialised in providing legal services to the insurance and financial services sectors and we have developed our services around the needs of our insurance clients. With 32 partners and a total of over 190 staff across our Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle offices and operating in all jurisdictions in Australia, we provide insurance advisory, litigation and dispute resolution services to many of Australia’s major brand name and boutique insurers, including;
- Australia’s largest 15 Life Insurers
- Australia’s largest General Insurers
- NSW’s largest government insurer, icare Workers Insurance and icare Insurance for NSW
- Australia’s major trade credit and travel insurers.
Our insurance industry commitment
TurksLegal maintains a strong connection with the insurance industry; its stakeholders, its products and its cases.
- We are regularly sought out for our views on critical developments in insurance law; we are active in key industry associations and speak at industry events such as those run by the FSC, ALUCA and ANZIIF.
- We run a host of seminars and webinars for our clients on topical issues in insurance, such as our regular Life Matters seminar series and our Workers Compensation webinars.
- We offer TurksAcademy, our unique and comprehensive training program with modules built specifically around the skill development needs of our insurance clients.
- We produce industry leading thought leadership publications such as the Workers Compensation in NSW, a Guide for Insurers and Employers, The Life Guide, our Employers Liability Newsletter, our Life Insurance and Superannuation Bulletin and our General Insurance TurkAlerts.
- We promote the exchange of ideas on leading topical issues in Life Insurance and General Insurance through our long-standing Scholarships; the ALUCA Turks Scholarship and the ANZIIF TurksLegal Bright Light Award (formerly the ANZIIF TurksLegal Claims Scholarship). We also run an Alumni Think-Tank for past ALUCA Turks Scholarship winners called LIFT (Life Insurance Future Thinking).