Applications are now open for the 2020 ALUCA Turks Scholarship!
Do you have a view on an important life industry matter that needs to be heard? Now more than ever, become a voice for making our vital industry even better by entering our Scholarship. Major prize valued at up to $8,000 on offer as well as the ongoing respect and admiration of your industry. Make a difference today, enter the Scholarship!
The ALUCA Turks Scholarship, now in its 14th year is designed to support the professional growth of ALUCA and its members by providing a significant career development opportunity for professionals working in the life insurance industry.
- 2021 Eastern Claims Conference
- 2021 Life Insurance Conference
- 2021 Supplemental Health, DI & LTC Conference
If international travel restrictions are still in place when your chosen conference is scheduled, the prize may be awarded as cash in the sum of AU$8,000.
In addition to the major prize, the winner is invited to sit on the judging panel alongside senior industry leaders for next year’s scholarship and receives automatic membership to ALUCA and TurksLegal’s scholarship alumni program, Life Insurance Future Thinking (LIFT). The 1st runner-up will receive a AU$1,000 Visa pre-paid gift card and the 2nd runner-up will receive a AU$250 restaurant voucher.
- Understanding of and insight into the chosen topic
- Conclusions supported by sound evidence and research
- Clarity of thought
- Commercial insight
- Jenny Oliver, Chief Claims Officer, TAL
- Gavin Pearce, Chief Operating Officer, Life & Investments, Zurich
- David Campbell, Chief Operating Officer, MetLife
- Malcolm Weir, Financial Services Executive
- Jeremy Houghton, Head of Strategy and Corporate Affairs, AIA
- Linda Winterbottom, Claims Rehabilitation Consultant, RGA Reinsurance
- Cy Lindeberg, Health Support Consultant, BT Financial (2019 Scholarship winner)
- Mark Raberger, Chair of ALUCA and Head of Health, MetLife
- Alph Edwards, Partner, TurksLegal
- Darryl Pereira, Partner, TurksLegal
Be inspired by watching this short clip from our 2019 winner, Cy Lindeberg from BT Financial, talking about what winning, but more importantly the journey, meant to her. Most of all, write your own story in 2020, enter the Scholarship!
Download 2019 winners’ papers