Daniel joined TurksLegal in 2005 and is the head of our Commercial Disputes & Transactions Group.
Daniel has over 15 years of experience in the areas of trade credit insurance, commercial litigation and insolvency. Daniel represents insurers, large corporates, SMEs and insolvency practitioners.
Daniel is a leading expert in the rights and obligations under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (“PPSA”).
Daniel has represented various trade creditors and insurers in relation to high profile insolvencies including Clive Peeters, Angus & Robertson, Borders Bookstores, Timbercorp, WOW Sight and Sound and Retravision.
Daniel’s work involves all aspects of advice and litigation on a national basis in the following specialist areas:
- trade credit insurance;
- retention of title claims of trade creditors and rights and recoveries under the PPSA;
- commercial disputes;
- debt recovery actions and winding up and bankruptcy proceedings;
- representing liquidators and bankruptcy trustees in recovery actions arising from insolvency administrations;
- negotiating and documenting commercial settlements, including security documents;
- Unfair preference claims; and
Daniel is a frequent presenter of training programs on topics related to his areas of legal expertise.
Daniel has written for a number of industry publications and has been quoted in articles published in the Australian Financial Review and the Sydney Morning Herald.