In Victoria, our team offers expertise in a broad range of workers compensation-related matters. We have extensive experience in acting for and advising self-insurers, employers, and WorkSafe scheme insurers in a variety of contexts, across a range of issues.
As such, we understand the importance of managing all aspects of workers compensation matters to achieve strong outcomes for employers and insurers. This includes from the very inception of workplace injuries and managing the return-to-work process, right through to managing complex litigation and assessing potential recovery rights.
Having worked directly for employers and insurers, we have a strong understanding of the key drivers these businesses face in the context of workers compensation claims and litigation. Most importantly however, we are commercial, and are mindful of our clients’ financial exposure at all points throughout the process.
Our commerciality, as well as our prior experience at the coalface of the workers compensation industry, not only sets us apart, but provides us with a unique appreciation of our clients’ perspective in navigating the challenges presented by workers compensation claims and litigation.
Spanning both Victorian and national self-insurers, our experience enables us to provide practical and economic solutions which drive efficiency, and successful outcomes for our clients. We can also service clients in a variety of ways, including conducting claims management projects, developing strategies to minimise the impact and occurrence of claims, managing complex claims, as well as advising and representing clients in respect of legal applications.
Key areas in respect of which we can advise and assist clients include the following:
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (including negotiations, mediations, conciliations at the
- ACCS, applications to Medical Panels Victoria)
- Statutory Benefits Litigation
- Permanent Impairment Claims (including for industrial deafness)
- Serious Injury Applications
- Common Law Strategy and Litigation (including employer negligence, damages
- Assessments, thresholds, apportionment, recovery, and contribution)
- Recoveries against third parties
- Analysis of Risk and Premium Impact