For over 40 years Turks has specialised in providing legal services to the insurance and financial services sectors and we have developed our services around the needs of our insurance clients. We have over 35 partners and over 190 staff across our Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle offices and operate in all jurisdictions in Australia, providing insurance advisory, litigation and dispute resolution services to many of Australia’s major brand name and boutique insurers. Our clients include;
- Australia’s largest 15 Life Insurers
- Australia’s largest General Insurers
- NSW’s largest government insurer, icare Workers Insurance and icare Insurance for NSW
- Australia’s major trade credit and travel insurers.
In 2021, Turks was proud to be named the winner of the Australasian Law Awards, Insurance Specialist Firm of the Year.
Our insurance industry commitment
Turks maintains a strong connection with the insurance industry; its stakeholders, its products and its cases.
- We are regularly sought out for our views on critical developments in insurance law.
- We are active in key industry associations and speak at industry events such as those run by the FSC, ALUCA and ANZIIF.
- We run a host of seminars and webinars for our clients on topical issues in insurance, such as our regular Life Matters seminar series, our General Insurance seminars and our Workers Compensation seminars.
- We offer TurksAcademy, our unique and comprehensive training program with modules built specifically around the skill development needs of our insurance clients.
- We produce industry leading thought leadership publications such as the Workers Compensation in NSW, a Guide for Insurers and Employers, our Employers Liability Newsletter, our Life Insurance and Superannuation Bulletin and our General Insurance TurkAlerts.
- We promote the exchange of ideas on leading topical issues in Life Insurance and General Insurance through our long-standing scholarships; the ALUCA Turks Scholarship and the ANZIIF Turks Bright Light Award (formerly the ANZIIF Turks Claims Scholarship). We also run an Alumni Think-Tank for past ALUCA Turks Scholarship winners called LIFT (Life Insurance Future Thinking).