The 2021 ALUCA Turks Scholarship is now closed. The winners will be announced on Thursday 14 October during the ALUCA Lite Connect event.
Suffering from change fatigue? Get amongst it by having your say on a multitude of issues facing the life industry. Prizes to the value of $8,000 are on offer as well as the ongoing respect and admiration of your industry.
Make our vital industry even stronger and more resilient. Enter the Scholarship today!
The Scholarship is open to all members of ALUCA regardless of country of residence. Each entrant must be a current financial member of ALUCA and work in the life insurance industry.
Applications closed on Sunday, 15 August 2021 at 23:59pm.
Now in its 15th year, the ALUCA Turks Scholarship is designed to support the professional growth of ALUCA and its members by providing a significant career development opportunity for professionals working in the life insurance industry.
- 2022 Eastern Claims Conference
- 2022 Life Insurance Conference
- 2022 Supplemental Health, DI & LTC Conference
If international travel restrictions are still in place when your chosen conference is scheduled, the prize may be awarded as cash in the sum of AU$8,000.
In addition to the major prize, the winner is invited to sit on the judging panel alongside senior industry leaders for next year’s scholarship and receives automatic membership to ALUCA and TurksLegal’s scholarship alumni program, Life Insurance Future Thinking (LIFT). Additionally, the winner will be invited to headline the Turks Summer Life Matters webinar in early December 2021.
The 1st runner-up will receive a AU$1,000 Visa pre-paid gift card and the 2nd runner-up will receive a AU$250 restaurant voucher.
- Understanding of and insight into the chosen topic
- Conclusions supported by sound evidence and research
- Clarity of thought
- Commercial insight
- Jenny Oliver, Chief Claims Officer, TAL
- Gavin Pearce, Chairman, Scor Global Life Australia
- David Campbell, Chief Operating Officer, MetLife
- Malcolm Weir, Financial Services Executive
- Jeremy Houghton, Head of Strategy and Corporate Affairs, AIA
- Linda Winterbottom, Claims Rehabilitation Consultant, RGA Reinsurance
- Honor Grant-Hennessy, Senior Group Underwriter, OnePath Life/Zurich (2020 Scholarship winner)
- Mark Raberger, Chair of ALUCA and Head of Health, MetLife
- Alph Edwards, Partner, TurksLegal
- Darryl Pereira, Partner, TurksLegal
Be inspired by watching this short video from our 2020 winner, Honor Grant-Hennessy, Senior Group Underwriter, OnePath Life / Zurich talking about what winning, but more importantly, simply putting her many thoughts on the record, meant to her.
Watch 2019 winner, Cy Lindeberg from BT Financial, talking about her journey and what winning meant to her.
Download 2020 winners' papers
Download 2019 winners’ papers